5 Reasons Atlanta is an Event Planner’s Dream City
Atlanta Event Planning
Choosing your next event destination city can depend on lots of factors, including transportation, hotels, food, and the x-factor that makes guests feel excited about visiting. While top-tier cities are still big draws for events and conferences, there are lots of reasons to look outside the common options and go for a place with its own charm. We are lucky to be headquartered in a city with both historic appeal and modern innovation. We have seen a boom of interest in events and meetings right in our backyard, and with all the perks of Atlanta event planning we can see why.
Our hometown of Atlanta is poised to be the next great city for events, and we have the inside scoop on everything that makes it a wonderful place for event planners.
Although Atlanta is a bustling city with plenty of concrete jungle, the city’s leaders have carved out plenty of green space. Atlanta event planning often includes outdoor activities or tours of our gardens as part of wellness programs.
- The Atlanta Beltline is a recent redevelopment project that connects parks, trails, and neighborhoods around the downtown area, making it a convenient and flexible area for activities and events.
- With 30 acres of outdoor gardens, an award-winning Children’s Garden, a one-of-a-kind Canopy Walk through Storza Woods, and the innovative Edible Garden featuring an Outdoor Demonstration Kitchen, the Atlanta Botanical Garden is a gem that shouldn’t be missed.
- Centennial Olympic Park is the world-famous location built for the 1996 Summer Olympic Games, and now it has been redesigned for public use. The 21-acre grounds are available for spectacular private events located right in the heart of downtown Atlanta.
- Golf course are plentiful in Atlanta, making it the perfect way to enjoy the Georgia sunshine during events.
From large hotels with lots of amenities to boutique spots with Southern charm, the assortment of lodging makes Atlanta event planning a breeze.
- Whether looking to house smaller groups or high level executive meetings, there is a variety of accommodations to fit any program. Atlanta is home to the beautiful Westin Peachtree Plaza with skyline views, as well as the Artmore Hotel with historic character, so you can find the right hotel for your events attendees.
- Atlanta’s main convention hotels — together known as The Big 6 — offer close proximity to the airport and to the convention campus. This makes it easy to plan your programs and transportation around the central area.
- If you are looking for resorts outside the city, there are many areas that offer a different setting while still convenient to all that Atlanta has to offer. Lake Lanier is just 45 minutes outside Atlanta, but has all the charm of a lakeside town. With unbelievable forest views, it is hard to believe that Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort in Stone Mountain Park is close to the city of Atlanta.
Venues For All
Finding a venue for your event in many cities can often be daunting. Some venues are big enough, but lack any charm. Other are quaint and beautiful, but don’t offer amenities you need. During our Atlanta event planning, we have found a trove of venues that offer something for everyone, many located right in the convention campus. This campus is a meeting and convention destination close to everything you (and your event attendees) could want.
- The Mercedes-Benz Stadium is a perfect location for more than just football. As one of the most spectacular NFL stadiums in the entire country, planning a meeting or event here is sure to make a big impression on your guests. Now that everyone knows it as the location of Super Bowl LIII, it will have an even bigger impact for event planners looking for wow factor.
- Right in the heart of Atlanta is AmericasMart, a flexible convention venue with all the amenities an event planner could want. It offers three facilities for all sizes and types of events.
- Of course there is the Georgia World Congress Center, a facility with event space like none other. Perfect for conventions and trade shows, the GWCC can house even the biggest events with ease.
- With over 60 breweries in Atlanta and lots of historic venues with bundles of personality, it is easy to find a unique venue to add a twist to your event. The Fox Theater is a world renowned concert and event venue with iconic architecture. If you are looking for a more informative location, have cocktails with some of the country’s best dinosaur exhibits at the Fernbank Museum of Natural History. Every year, thousands of visitors flock to the Ponce City Market housed in the historic Sears, Roebuck & Co. building, which is a vibrant home to food and shops.
An Exciting Culinary Scene
Atlanta’s massive food scene has been booming recently, and event planners are rejoicing. Fueled by the farm-to-table movement and the access to some of the best produce in the South, Atlanta restaurants are offering some of the freshest, most innovative dishes in America. Embracing the population’s diversity, Atlanta restaurants mix Southern comfort with global flavors in a way only a city with its history can.
The trendiest scene with foodies in Atlanta isn’t a place at all— on any given day you will find crowds around the many food trucks that drive around town offering bites on the go. We have many food truck options that all showcase our city’s local cuisine and personality. Booking one of Atlanta’s food trucks for your event gives you the most popular food options and the ability to organize an array of flavors. From organic burgers to Indian dishes to fun desserts, you can create an environment that allows your guests to sample whatever calls their name. Atlanta’s food trucks are a great way to venture away from the same old buffet, plated lunch, or meeting break that event attendees have come to expect.
Walkable City Areas
Although it is a bustling city, the thoughtful layout and defining of districts has make Atlanta a pedestrian-friendly area. The meeting districts are located in vibrant neighborhoods with lots of opportunity for event activities, networking, and exploration.
Filled with hotels, entertainment, business centers, and attractions, this is the hub for any convention or meeting in Atlanta.
Known at the Heart of the Arts, this area offers to cultural offerings such as the Fox Theater and the High Museum of Art.
Home to some of Atlanta’s most legendary restaurants and luxury hotels, as well as an international shopping destination.
Omnience™ Professional Event Partners
Atlanta is our home, so we know how to help you navigate finding just what you need. Whether you are planning a large conference and need access to the biggest venues or want guidance for aligning your marketing strategy for Atlanta’s best assets, we can assist you. From developing your event goals to executing your program, we can give you the inside information you need to make it a success.
We love the city we call home, and we are passionate about supporting our local businesses and what they are accomplishing here. Atlanta event planning has given us a unique edge on approaching all of our destinations, both here in America and internationally, as we know how to seek out the best and most useful amenities for any event. Contact us today to start discussing your next meeting or event.